The Transaction View API provides the ability to extract transaction data for an existing Transaction View, saved in Addepar.
The Transactions section of Addepar is a repository of all transactions for a given portfolio or asset, including those that come in automatically from custodial data feeds and those manually added by your firm.
|Produces||CSV, TSV, or XLSX|
|Application Permissions Required||"API Access: Create, edit, and delete"|
"Transaction firm view: View only" and "Transactions: View-only" to extract view data.
The Transaction View API supports exporting views in CSV, TSV, or XLSX formats.
|The ID of a portfolio configured in Addepar.|
A portfolio can be either an entity (i.e. a client, account, legal entity etc.) or a group of entities.
|The type of portfolio.|
|The output format of the exported result.|
|The start date of the time period of portfolio data.|
|The end date of the time period of portfolio data.|
|The ID of the transactions view.|
You can find the view ID by generating an API URL. See "Generate an API URL"
You can generate an API URL in Addepar by following the below steps:
- Sign in to Addepar.
- Select the portfolio on the left menu.
- Select the Transactions tab.
- Select a view from the drop-down menu and adjust the view as needed to display the data you want to export.
- Click Export at the top right of the table > Generate API URL > Copy Link.
The URL will include the view id, portfolio id, output type, start date, and end date.
Example API URL:
Returns data based on the transactions view, portfolio, and time period.
- Transaction Views for “Summary Data” are not supported.
- Values must follow one of the following types: Currency, Date, Money Value, Number, Percent, Word, Yes/No.
Additional Notes (CSV & TSV):
- If the view includes a column for an entity (e.g., Security, Direct Owner), the output will include an additional column for "[Entity Name] [Entity ID],” which is the unique identifier for the entity.
- If the view includes Position as a column, then the output will include an additional column for Position ID, which is the unique identifier for each position.
- Formatting applied to numerical values ($, K, M, etc.) is ignored for number and money value columns: the output will include the raw values up to four decimal places.
- Percentages are represented as a fraction up to four decimal places.
- Boolean values are represented as “Yes” or “No.”
All CSV/TSV responses have the Byte-Order-Mark prefixed to the data stream to indicate the content's UTF-8 encoding.
HTTP/1.1 200 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="transactions_data.csv" Content-Type: text/csv <VIEW_CONTENT>
200 OK: Success
400 Bad Request: Improperly specified query parameters
403 Forbidden: Insufficient application permissions
404 Not Found: View not found
Updated 8 months ago